Monday, March 29, 2010

Health Update, Among Other Things

Hey guys!
Consider this a news bulletin on both mine and Kaylee's behalf :)

First off, as some of you may know, Kaylee is currently at an inpatient's facility, in order to try and figure out what's going on with her health, other than the CRPS. If you could, please pray for her and hope that the doctors there will be able to help her. She is an amazing young woman, and no matter how hard this road has been since being diagnosed with CRPS, she continues to shine and inspire everyone around her. She has been such a fantastic friend to me, and I'm so lucky to be working beside her for CRPS Retreat.

As for myself, at the end of this week, I'm being sent up North to another hospital, to meet a series of new doctors. We're hoping that someone there may know a bit more about what's going on for me. My vision has yet to improve at all, so they're trying to find out what's happening neurologically, and try and get me stable again. They'll be taking a holistic approach to create a coherent treatment plan, and we are unsure yet if that will result in me being admitted as a longterm inpatient, or if it will be able to conducted as an outpatient, with me in Wellington, and the doctors in Auckland. Who knows as of yet! I'm guessing that this will be my last blog post until I come back at the end of next week (fingers crossed!), so I apologize in advance for not being around.

Now, onto CRPS Retreat itself. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, due to my increase of pain, and therefore an increase of time spent doing nothing but lying in bed. My first thought was what do you want to do while away? Kaylee and I have some ideas, which are definitely viable options for us, but it would be great to hear your ideas. One thing we will be organising is transport, so nobody has to worry about being unable to keep up with one another. We are both well aware of the limitations CRPS has on your mobility, so we're going to make it as pain-friendly as we can. There will always be the option of doing something low-key if people are overly sore on one day. Secondly, we have thought about this, and if you have family who wish to come, that is fine, but there will be some activities which will be CRPS patients only. Perhaps family members could arrange something among themselves to do while we meet, or else they could go sightseeing etc. But that's a minor detail that can be dealt with closer to the time >_<

Let's see, what else have we been discussing. Right, the conference part. Now, we are unsure if people attending will want to have CRPS doctors/researchers talking to us. What do you think? If you think that will be a good addition to the conference, Kaylee and I can start looking around for people who may be interested in sharing this event with us. If not, we will have plenty of activities and other event-like things to do. It would just be great to get your opinions on this one. I have been talking with my Dad about creating a loose structure for the event as a whole, as he coordinates conferences on a regular basis, and he knows what are the essentials to get down in the plan. This has been really helpful, and next time I get to talk to Kaylee for a good period of time, I'm going to go through what we have so far. It's really taking shape!

Ok, well I think that's enough for one entry. I hope that everyone has had a good day, and that you each can identify at least one good thing that has happened today :) Sending you my love and prayers, and my cat Dolores meows hello to you also.

xx love Ailsa and Kaylee xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. my name is Rebecca I'm. 27 have had crps for about 3-4 yrs...so true about sitting in bed all day..would LOVE to go on an crps retreat and meet others, feel so alone.. please email me
    rebeccakay83@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Rebecca. Hope ur having a ok day :)

    ReplyDelete