Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Appreciation Week

Ok, so I know this title sounds random, but actually, it relates to CRPS. Well, I think it does. I read for escapism. I read to distract me from the pain. So it makes sense to thank those authors who help me get away from the "real" word, per se, during this week! Anyway, this will be short >.<

1. Suzanne Collins - absolute genius. I adore The Hunger Games Trilogy, and it's been a long time since I found a book which kept me this captivated!

2. Neil Gaiman - I met him three times over the weekend, and not only is he an amazing author, he is an incredibly lovely person. Which makes me even happier reading his books, knowing that the man behind the words is so nice!!

3. Sylvia Plath - I think it's because I can relate to so much of what she as a person was going through, so her writing, especially poems such as Tulips, really connect with me.

4. Scott Westerfeld - The Uglies series kept me so engrossed, that even when we were on a beautiful island, in the heat of summer, I sat in my room, reading!

On another note, CRPS retreat is going well! Kaylee and I are meeting up today to write down our action plan :)

xx love Ailsa xx

1 comment: