Thursday, March 18, 2010

Author Appreciation Week Part II

Ok, this will be a really quick follow up to the last post! Firstly, can I please say, comment back with your favourite authors! That would be great to see. One of the things I love best about books, is that they allow people with conditions such as ours experience things that we otherwise would be unable to do. I know that things such as flying, or Fading through graveyards aren't activities that every day people are able to do. But simple things, like traveling, or participating in community events, are also tasks that, certainly for me, are difficult. Reading allows me to do those things, though. It liberates me! Anyway, moving on to my next top 4 authors: *clears throat*

5. Will Peterson - Wrote a series called 'Triskellion'. Perhaps are aimed at teenage boys, but are nonetheless gripping! They're quick reads, so if you have the chance, check them out! We're still awaiting the third in the trilogy.

6. Maureen Johnson - What can I say? She makes me laugh. And in the same sentence, she can make me cry. I certainly do a lot of both while reading her books. No matter what mood I'm in, one of her books will help me through the day. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the acknowledgments in 'Suite Scarlet' made me laugh more than I have when reading entire books! Not to mention her Tweets!

7. John Green - It seems only fitting that John's name would sit beside Maureen's. Two Nerdfighter authors. Two extremely talented people. Two collections of books that keep me alive!

8. Saradha Koirala - One of the English teachers at my high school. She writes some of the most heartfelt poetry I've ever read, and on top of that, she's such a humble and gentle woman. So lovely!

See you tomorrow with my last installment of authors. I hope everyone is ok with me rambling about books for the last few entries :) Love to you all, and I hope that pain is treating you kindly today.

xx love Ailsa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment